Group therapy topics:
- Domestic Violence
- Anger management
- Identifying, understanding and communicating emotions to others
- Relationship conflict
- Support for children of separated parents
- Support for a child who has a sibling or parent with a disability or mental/physical illness
- Stress management and anxiety strategies
- General therapy issues also
Group therapy also available for adults based on themes
Why choose counselling: group therapy for your child?
- Group therapy is interactive and fun.
- Children benefit a great deal from sharing their emotional issues with others. When a child expresses their issues with their peers they feel less isolated.
- You can learn strategies to cope with these situations in the future.
- You can benefit a great deal from having their issues validated and normalised by their peers.
- It’s an affordable way for your child to receive intensive therapy on their issue.
Who is it for?
- Children who have issues related to the topics as well as general therapy issues, not covered in the topics.
- For children aged between 6-12 (Children`s group).
- 13-18 (Youth group).
What does it involve?
- Children engage in standard counselling interventions as well as expressive therapy tools such as: music, art, drama and play therapy.
- Treatment may only be required for as little as six sessions.
- Whilst your child is being creative he or she will be expressing their issues.
- Group therapy is run by a registered, qualified and experienced counsellor.
- Sessions are run based on themes relevant to your child`s issues.
Who facilitates the group?
Group therapy is run by a registered, qualified and experienced counsellor with more than a decade experience counselling children and facilitating group therapy in the community.